View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #40
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
OK... So Im a chick, that was a bottle blonde (just love changing my hair) I love getting my nails done, and gettin all dressed up for no particular reason. But I have a passion for cars.. Is that OK? To be a girl and to have a keen interest for cars/bikes. Im my dad's only child, so i guess havin his little girl get out and work on the car with him was a bonus. And I always believed it was ok, as the whole sexist thing didnt hit me until i was about 14! I was sick of being able to show all the guys up at school with anything motor related.. and often got labelled as being too "boyish".. guess the older guys loved it.. But.. when i left school, I realised that it wasn't too acceptable for a girl to want to do anything automotive related.. I applied for Mechanics apprenticeships, spray painting/panel beating apprenticeships.. and got nothing but dissapointment from any response.. at one stage got told they wouldnt hire me as my "bodily features" may distract the "boys" in the workshop!!
Well, Even tho Im only 17.. I honestly think those of you out there who label "chicks" about stuff like this need to grow up.. and whats the go with dissing chicks that like the "Ricers" its a matter of personal preference.. what about all the guys that DRIVE the ricers.. Heres something to think about..

When meeting 2 chicks at a "CAR SHOW" who's your attention most likely to turn too? The Petite, Skinny, Blonde.. that drives the TWIN TURBOED r33 skyline/or Supra.. or the Tall, Bigger built brunette, that drives the Falcon/Commodore.. think about that one!
hell yeah it's ok for a chick to be into cars. my missus, wasn't into them when we first started going out ( she wasn't an afl supporter either) but after driving my xr8 yesterday she wants one! i know plenty of girls that are into cars as well as working on them engines included and there as girly as you can get.
if thats what you like doing then thats your choice people don't like tell them to get stuffed, they probably scared you'll have a better car than them. :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote