View Single Post
Old 29-12-2006, 05:28 PM   #302
nedkelly
Starter Motor

Hi guys new to forum and thought I'd add to the list, not much to add though.

I've had my AUI since new (Dec 98) now with 212000k's on it and going strong, problems I've had are all small and I think mostly due to wear and tear.

Rust mostly around the boot struts (in the corners below the rear window) and in the boot where the spoiler was badly fitted (apparently they fixed this under warranty but it was never really fixed, the boot still leaks to this day).

Steering rack recall.

Window rubbers on the doors shrinking due to the car never being garaged in its life (and I live within 1k of the beach).

Suspension is due to be replaced for the first time, there are a few clunks etc. just never have the money to do it...

The small problems were the headlight switch broke (pretty weak part) cost about $2 to fix, and the rear seat latches both broke but I fixed them myself with some heavy fishing line.

And that's it, without a doupt the AU is the best car I've ever had, and it's out lasted my mates 3 commodores in 8 years, not a single rattle in the interior yet and in 8 years has barely cost a thing in terms of maintenance.

For anyone having doubts about AU's while reading this thread, have no doubt at all, AU's are IMO one of the most cost effective and reliable cars ever built.

Cheers!
nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote