View Single Post
Old 28-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #19
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

Well this has certainly been an interesting couple of days running Wade's car at the track. What an amazing car on the road it makes my car look like a suzuki swift.....LOL....

1st time out at calder on friday night we had traction issues but still managed 12.23

Saturday - time for a check of the car, we found that the left hand rear leaf spring was broken. Fixed that then back on the dyno for a tickle.

Sunday - up to Heathcote (where Chris and I much prefer to run cars)

1st run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.591
660 MPH = 91.89
ET = 11.871 : :
MPH = 115.77

Great first up run with mildish tune and set up, so lets get after it.

2nd run

60ft = 1.68
660ft = 7.723
660 MPH = 88.10
ET = 12.075
MPH = 117.46

The car shook and rattled and did everything wrong at the 1 - 2 change but Chris thinking he was John Force pedalled the car down through there.

Upon inspection we found the other leaf spring had broken. Load up and home we go. That was the shortest amount of time i have ever spent at a racetrack that's for sure.

All in all a satisfying day for ACE and BLUE POWER - another record in our camp and some more info to apply to other cars and some work to do on Wade's to make this thing really fly.

Sorry Wade your not getting this car back until we are satisfied that all is OK. :eclipsee_

The engine is strong, clutch is nice, gearbox and diff are cool too. We will change a few things and head out to Heathcote next sunday for some BIG fun. : : : :

Cheers Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote