View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 PM   #33
zetec
Zoom Zoom

What differs is the way the power is used and the weight of the vehicle is transferred. It's a much lighter engine and it breathes INCREDIBLY well, it just refuses to ever feel out of breath, unlike the athsmatic MkI Zetec engine that needs a good zorst and intake. The new Duratec unit pulls like the Orient Express, it has massive amounts of torque from as little as 2,000rpm which makes the difference. The current unit is nothing below 3,000rpm. On the new one, it's screaming hard by 3,000 and guns ALL the way to redline in a blink. So not much better power to weightm, but a much broader, flatter torque curve means much stronger pulling power at broader rev ranges = quicker acceleration. Trust me, it's MUCH quicker. And I'm comparing to the top Zetec engine in the Mk I, not the 1.8/2.0 regular unleaded version which might as well get out and start pushing!!!!!

Old Zetec RRP was (for a 5 door manual) about $28,560 plus onroads so I imagine that's the price they'll be benchamrking against, I don't know. When you added bodykit and 17's to the old model it turned out to be $31,355 plus onroads. If this new model is cheaper than the old base price, on top of now including STD - bodykit, 17's, side airbags, cruise, trip computer, 107kw, bigger brakes, power windows all round then DAMN!!!!!!!!! Talk about value!! I have no idea about the pricing, but when it is released I'll be the first to let you all know hopefully!!