View Single Post
Old 13-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #23
honer
Back to N/A land

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
do your self a favour Mr auxr8 should you have a go at doing the rear wheel bearing/s your self , take the the upright and hub to a ford dealer or a work shop with a well equipped press, because if they dont have the correct tools the upright starts to bend like a banana . removing the the upright/hub assembly is not too hard at all it just pressing the old bearing off and on that is the most difficult if your not equipped with a decent tool set and balljoint remover + a puller to remove the hub and upright from the half shaft i would think twice about doing the job, perhaps one of our sponsors could offer a c/o that would make the job considerably easier. i had a go at doing mine on the weekend and my mates press did not have the required tool/supports for the upright (its an odd shape) hence i needed the car for the week i had to put it back together as it was :(.
Agreed. Doing mine at the moment (Granted, entire IRS is out.. That was extremely easy to do !!!) Most difficult problem I had as well was getting them out.. $20 a local mob charged me.. Bearings cost me $80 a pair... Will have them pressed back in and off we go !
honer is offline   Reply With Quote