View Single Post
Old 20-03-2009, 11:42 PM   #272
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64ORD
The car is just coming up to 15K and there is a clicking noise coming from the drive train when you release the clutch to move forward or backwards. This started a while ago but is getting worse. Car still drives fine with no vibrations. Sounds like a CV joint?

Also what sounds like the clutch release bearing rattling. This stops when you press the clutch pedal in.

The car is due for its 15K service and I will be raising these issues with the service dept. Any suggestions or info on similar experiences would be much appreciated.

Cheers Johnny
Hi Johnny,

Just wondering if you ever got these two issues fixed and if so, what were the problems?

I've got a 2007 LT Focus Zetec Sedan with ~23,000km on the clock and the description above is exactly what I'm experiencing except the noise when gearing in happens only occasionally and mainly when steering is full lock or close to it.

I think they might be related.

Have owned this car for about 2 weeks now. Didn't realise these were 'problems' when I test drove the car until I found this thread.

Unfortunately this car was an economic write off due to light hail damage so isn't covered by Ford warranty any more =\ so hoping to find ways to fix this myself or take it into a mechanic and point them straight to the problem

Appreciate any info you guys might have.

Month/year build: August 2007
Spec Level: LT Zetec Sedan
KMs at time of fault: ~22,000
Symtoms: slight rattling when clutch is fully released. occasional clicking noise when clutching in
Fault: not sure yet, hoping to find out.
Fixed? By: not yet, will report back.
Comments: the rattling sound in the clutch stops when I press the clutch in

the occasional noise I get when clutching in seems to happen most when I've got the steering in full lock or close to it

Btw great forum guys!
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote