View Single Post
Old 28-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #14
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Warren, you've got an XR5?

It seems interesting to me that all these issues with cars not starting etc are unique to the XR5. The FPVs mostly use the key less start, and I wonder if they are having the same issues? Although, they still have to put the key in the ignition prior to pressing the start button.

Again, it looks like the issue is with the dealer and the hopeless service department. $313 for a service. Can you scan the list of items completed? Interesting to see what they did/didn't do. I got my first two services thrown in with the deal, so I haven't had to pay for one yet. Not looking forward to having to open the wallet though for little if any work.

The problem with the dealers is that the person who actually does the work on your car is quite a number of steps away from you. So you tell the service 'adviser' what's wrong, and by the time it gets to the guy who's actually on the tools, they might be getting a sotry that makes no sense or is different to what you want done.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote