View Single Post
Old 24-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #25
Matt_J
www.hp-f.com.au

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepower
Thanks Tex,

yes Fordboy, even a recent conversation I had with Rob Herrod was interesting, with a YT fully intercooled kit only producing LOW 300's in a BF302 he was tuning.........lucky the customer had the budget for a built short motor, Rob wisely upgraded his customer and the car shot up power wise to where it should be, albeit at an extra cost.

We are the only Supercharger manufacturer that has taken this stance, maybe I should have sold the 30 kits for 302/315 owners and "taken the money and run". But, one thing I do know of, is that there are other supercharger manufacturers out there (heck, some even sponsor this forum) that have indeed supplied supercharger kits to 315 owners.

Out of 10 that called me, 4 listened, 6 purchased an opposition product, and a perfect 6 out of 6 FAILED. I know of a few people running competitors kits that are lurking around that are still alive, and trust me, one of our mid 290rwkw Bolt on 315's with a nice rear axle ratio would run with them no problem. Not worth doing when a bolt on car will nudge it.

Chris

For the record Chris, the two FG GT's we have fitted YT blower kits to are alive and well, one gets punished monthly at track days as well as being the daily work truck and the other performs the Berwick to City Monash trip twice a day, every day of the working week.

We have been supercharging 11-1 compression ratio engines for years, they work well. :voldar02:

Also, I dont agree they are a time bomb, if it has the right amount of fuel in it, the right amount of timing in it and the customer uses the correct fuel, it will live, the same as every high performance engine. You just got to get it right.

If you follow this link for the build up of a Super Charged, Super Pursuit 315: http://www.c31.org.au
Then search: Oz Garage, then click on the 24th of May episode.

Regards,

Matt.

Last edited by Matt_J; 24-07-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Matt_J is offline   Reply With Quote