View Single Post
Old 20-10-2009, 11:41 PM   #24
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

OK, some further thoughts

The Focus looks odd with just the Focus badge on the left hand side and nothing on the other side (IMHO) See above

It also looks weird with no badges at all.

To my eye it needs a badge on the right hand side to balance it.

And the Ford Racing logo just looks odd, I think because of the replication of the Ford oval

(NB This is not a life or death question. Just having fun playing with the possibilities)

So.......

I have ordered this from the US:

Which is probably what I'll put on

But I also thought about this.(And don't immediately flame me)

What if I called it a Focus GT? (Bear with me here) If the definition of Gran Turismo (GT) is luxury and performance , I now have both, in a combination never produced by Ford. Big increase in engine performance and full leather interior.(Ford did a "luxury" version... the Ghia, or "performance" version ST or RS, but not both together.) A GT is also not a model that exists, so it's not trying to pass it off as another model.

If I did that, I could get this badge (same font as the Focus" badge) and cut out the "G" and "T" to create a GT badge

or alternatively get one of these:

What does all this prove? I have too much time on my hands!!!

Flame away
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote