Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #43
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 
Default Some progress

It has been a while but have been getting a few things done over the last 6 months or so, not much though.

After getting most of the diff parts back, it is now mostly assembled.

Here a few pics;

I am still waiting on the rear caliper assembly bolts and sway bay U bolts to be zinced and then I can finish the diff off and fit it to the car.

The door handles have also gone in along with the striker plates and door rubber

The wiring harness is also now complete

The front indicators are also now in

I have also just gotten some correct XC Falcon 500 Hardtop rear side markers

You can see the difference between the XC front, XC rear and also the ZH/XC Fairmont Hardtop rear

The rear tailights are also in, just now need to get the sidemarkers in as well

All of the electric window mechanisms have had new rollers fitted

Still to come. As you can imagine, there is still heaps more to do but the plan for December/January will be to fit the windows (have just ordered the repro glass), get the dash calibrated and install the differential and front end.

I need to get the best one then get it calibrated and assembled

I have most of the bits for the front end, just need to get the upper and lower control arms back

The plan is to have the interior put in early in the new year, can't wait for that!!!!!!!!!
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote