Thread: XC Cobra #140
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #57
Bradxbv8
more cubic inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
the 15x10 challengers wont fit,well they will if you put 275sbut not 295s,the back space is up the pooooo,even if you roll the gard they still hit: (,bradv8 had to shorten his diff
True, I did shorten my diff, about 17mm per side, and i beilive i did the wrong thing now in hindsite. There is so much meat on the wheels, that im positive you could machine a bit off the back where it hits the hub, make it a 5" offset instead of the 4.5". (12.7mm) and possibley a bit more, any local machine shop can clock up a wheel in a lathe and take a skim for not many $ either. The housing shorting was not bad, but getting the axles done was the killer.
Also another thing to consider is the length of the diff that you are using, is it a standard xc one or the shorther xy one?
My car being a fairmont still has the chrome trim on the wheel arches, and never had the lips rolled, those that have obviously have more clearance.
The thing to do here, is call Tracy in the sales office at Performance Wheels (08) 8294 9455 and get her to check it out. If you need a hand, send me a PM. I would not mind personally setting Performance straight on the truth about what our cars actually need. I also know the factory manager there well though a former buisness, He has been in the wheel industry all his life and quite approchable.