View Single Post
Old 18-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensationFG8
I think it's a poor message to be sending to the general public. They're more than happy to nab people for momentarily going 5-10k over but they wont convict someone who is clearly driving dangerously?

What are we trying to achieve with speeding legislation, public protection or revenue raising? I think it's time the govt made up their mind. If it's revenue raising ditch the cameras and add 140 per year to everyones rego (i've not ever been done for speeding but i'm tired of the people who step on their brakes as hard as they can when they get to 200m of a camera it's just plain dangerous).

Last time I checked a bog standard FG falcon wasn't as slow as this magistrate is alluding to.
You people really are your own worst enemies.

Do you REALLY want a legal system where any random officer of any department can just say you did something with no ACTUAL evidence and you are automatically convicted?

Maybe he did do it and maybe he got away with it but it is not very common for this to happen and a couple of escapes are much better the alternate.

We fought several wars to prevent this sort of thing being forced upon us......
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote