View Single Post
Old 14-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by portpiro
this is awesome. this was in the too hard basket for me until now...

few questions...

I have an iphone 3gs and would love a unit that connected calls (incl address book), and music. it appears as if this model is not compatible with iphones, can u confirm this?

does the facia trim a snug fit? ie. does the unit sit in solidly and not move around when buttons are pressed?

when u say 'wired it up yourself' was this just a matter of connecting colours?!?!

well played sir!
I don't own an iPhone myself, but the owners manual (from JVC NZ, but same unit as Oz) is pretty helpful. I would say its definitely compatible for calls (including your phonebook/missed calls, dialled calls/etc) and music.

If you're lucky enough to find one, I would suggest connecting to a unit on display. Even bring your charging cable along. You can also try connecting via bluebooth by turning on the unit and holding the phone button to create a new pairing.

The facia is a pretty snug fit. I will take more pics (in better light especially!) when I've decided what I'm doing with the carbon fibre wrap.

Wiring up myself was mostly a matter of matching the wires based on what was printed on the Aerpro adapter wires vs the wiring diagram that came with the unit. I'm no expert when it comes to electronics, but it was very easy...just a little time confusing. I soldered them all, taped each wire then taped them all together to keep things neat.
Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: