View Single Post
Old 24-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #96
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless
Hows it going Sylox? Did it go to Lachlan yet?
I'm heading to chiptorque this Saturday so Lachlan can read what the ecu is doing on the road eg floor it off stand still/stall it up and go/kick backs etc etc. In particular he wants to see what the timing is doing on wot takes offs on the road (where there is full traction), to see if the torque maps are backing things right off. I'll post results on Saturday when i get back. As has been discussed with a few knoledgable people in the trade everything seems to be pointing to the Ecu playing games.

He and his other programmer are both sorting though the codes at the moment and things are looking good on the torque reduction removal. Thaks in part to a certian document that was floating around :Up_to_som

Au2xlsV8 also had a drive of the xr8 whilst I was up there the weekend before last and picked it straight away there is a solid spot of around 3000rpm when it takes off but below it feels some what restrained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8_Grunt
hi Sylox how are ya, i saw your ute a few times in the staging lanes but didn't realise it was yours until i saw you after i spoke to you on my last run!! : I am sure you will get a lot more speed out of yours, don't worry about that!! The old XB is in the garage getting a heart transplant at the moment and should be alive again in Easter! The clapped out plug fouling, ashmatic stock 351 (i shouldn't be harsh it was the original engine from 73' and went good for what it was) did a 15.7 @89 mph, i reckon i could have managed a 15.5. I reckon that auto could be a slight problem with yours, you may want to get a stallie, i was pulling 2.3 60 foot's with 3.5' and a manual.

Good luck with it all, your ute certainly looks the part and hope to see you again soon, - Mark
Yep the stall is on the cards when the cam goes in mate. At the moment we are waiting to see how the torque reduction theory plays out.
yeah I spotted you earlier on in the night mate, lol theres not many XB's out there as smick as yours. Sure I'll see you there again some day hopefully both cars are doing better times and we can have a run or some thing.

Last edited by Sylox; 24-01-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote