View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM   #22
REDDYZ

Default Re: Cougar parts/maintainence

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougarGirl
So a bit of an update - I ordered a passenger side mount from rock auto last week which turns out to be the wrong part altogether.

I've now been able to grab my other half to help me pull it apart a little and this is what we found. The passenger mount is not just 'not good' but actually came out without any tools. The pics below are of the mount as we found it, without the insert then individual shots of the inserts. The bracket itself is good but I really need to source the insert as the pin/screw looks like it's snapped off altogether.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this part?
There is a bit of confusion in terminology here. What you needed was passenger side mount (gearbox mount) which is driver side mount in US. You should have ordered either driverside mount from rock auto or specified gearbox mount. I still insist that both engine and trasmission mounts on US and OZ cougars are the same, not just that they match with Ford Mondeos. You have been referring the part you needed as front left engine mount.

On Oz Cougars, Engine mount will be on driver side and its the gear box mount that will be on the passenger side.

On US Cougars, Engine mount will be on the passenger side and gear box mount will be on the driver side.

Would you be able to post a pic of the part you have ordered from Rockauto for our better understanding. Your mechanic should guide you properly with parts terminology. All you needed was top or side gearbox mount, not engine mount.

Also the part that is snapped can be repaired. Mount busing looks fine. All you need to do is to drill out the snapped bolt and put a new one, incase if you cant fine a replacement. Am sure you can find one.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote