View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #567
BJB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Common Problems with the AU??

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3man
Not really questionable mate - just downright useless in most cases. It's simply not worth the stress it causes having them fix something over and over ... and it never gets fixed anyhow. Nowadays I just buy second hand and with the money I save I can afford to throw it into any repairs necessary and pay the right people the right money to have it done .. well ... right.
I heard that Ford Warranty issues are outsourced to a group commissioned to filter the claims. I guess if they can keep the claims down then they get better bonuses. Urban myth , not sure. What they don't realise is that reputations ruin companies, and Ford Australia are struggling to sell the Falcon at the moment and no wonder. If you have a faulty product , then deal with it. Good service will get people back to the show rooms. My cl;aim was rejected because I didn't have the car serviced enough with them. The diff is noisy but it has been this way for over 70K now so it probably won't break too soon, still who sells cars these days with diffs that develop a noise at under 60 K. We don't tow, it is driven sensibly. Another thing, my work had XR 8's that were always being faulted for various issues. The local dealer would just treat as a regular customer and try and book us in. Hell no, emergency vehicle mate. The local Holden dealer would move hell and high water to accommodate us and therefore we prefer the Lion over the Blue oval. Downtime is a drag.

Ford Aus wrote to me later as a valued customer to see if I would be interested in the FG series they were releasing. You have to be joking was the answer.