Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #402
Blue_XR

Default Re: New to cycling

Hi Guys, well I have been riding a mountain bike for many years now and it was more just a recreational thing until i started using it to get fit and using it on a regular basis. Anyway this year I bought myself a Giant Defy 3 road bike with shimano gear set front to back. So far I have been happy with it and I am really enjoying going out in the afternoon for a ride. My route is 16.4 kms and once i get my fitness back up i'll head out for longer rides. However I might need to invest in a bike pants with a cushion.

So here is a pic of it

Now just one thing, I have already taken it back for an adjustment as when I am in the small rear sprocket and large front one the chain is rubbing on the derailleur, I had it adjusted and it was fine well maybe it could have been adjust a bit more, however it is like it has gone back to how it was. I really should take it back to the shop but I can't get back until Friday, so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction ini adjusting the derailleur. I have been watching clips on youtube however they seem to make it easier than it actually is.

Basically I am unable to use the large sprocket at the front because the chain keeps on rubbing on the 4'- smallest sprockets at the back.