View Single Post
Old 29-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #181
bluovl

Default Re: Anyone see this on ACA?

[QUOTE=Bossxr8]If they regard the bonnet bracing as structural steel then technically as soon as you cut it it becomes unroadworthy. Technically the same thing applies to people who cut their parcel shelves to fit bigger speakers. But i'm not sure if it would be considered structural, maybe not?

That's it Bossxr8. If you cut structural steel 'they' consider it unroadroadworthy. Who, a just out of school engineer trying to save us all from ourselves. Believe me I'm not trying to start a #@*&fight but really as I've asked who's ever been injured by an cut bonnet or fiddled with parcel shelf. External gauges, scoops bigger than 100mm .Where are the documented facts. If it was as bad as they would have us believe all states laws would be the same without question. Victoria seems pretty good when it comes down to it. Why then does NSW now feel it needs to amend its law way past the level of Vics? Why in QLD is a bug catcher illegal because its 'reflective? Why cant a Corvette be registered LHD in SA because it has blue stripes and not plain white as it was from the factory?

Why aren't hundreds being injured and slaughtered in New Zealand where they seem to have less restrictions.

As I said I'm not trying to be agressive in my posts. I just question some times why we blindly follow what we've been told to abide to. And to the parties such as the ACMC and ASRF etc. who continue to negotiate with the authorities on the laws I am deeply appreciative.
69 Mustang Convertible
XA 351 Coupe
1965 Galaxie Convertible
2005 GT-P
AU XR6 Ute

Last edited by bluovl; 30-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.
bluovl is offline   Reply With Quote