View Single Post
Old 26-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Default Re: CODE:RED Cold air intake TDCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodiesel
I have to disagree with you there photn, with a simple remap a diesel can get a lot more performance than a petrol because of the turbo.

My car would have a good 30% more power and torque over a standard one, and it uses about 10% less fuel so you really can't go wrong unless you don't like noise.

The exhaust will give improve turbo spin up and maybe a bit more puff at high revs, but if you leave the stock cat then you'll have to put up with this sound every time you back off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDk7A1-i0Qo

Believe me the novelty wears off after time..
Correct.

if you tuned an NA petrol and put its results up against a TDCI tuned car then yes, the TDCI will have the bigger increase. But turbo diesel vs turbo petrol and the petrol will win. the deisel will never behave like a turbo petrol.

I do agree with what your saying turbodeisel and i can see your point. Adding an exhaust can free up some revs and power. The missus unfortunately doesnt like noise (and neither do i in a TDCI) so the exhaust was a no go. my opinion is that intercooler, intake and tune will net you a decent amount of power before having to touch the exhaust.

Big Damo, Have you considered Tuning Box's? alot of the UK guys for deisels use www.racechip.de and www.tmcmotorsport.com .

These appear reputable dealers in tuning box's for their cars. We have a racehip on the Fiat. Its good and does its job well. By no means is it a tune but it definately helps.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote