View Single Post
Old 24-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
matt2905
Starter Motor

Default Your opinion please guys

Hi, iv'e not contributed here before so i just want to say hi to everyone and thanks for any help i get

I'm in a pickle of a situation.

The gf wants her own car so we went looking at focus's the other day.

(i got a BF falcon so wanted to stay in the ford family )

Now i can get last years model 03/2011 LV mkii Zetec Auto with all options including leather, premium sound, parking sensor, body kit foggies etc .
$20,000 with 44,000kms

or

I could buy a new LW Trend Auto with all the features of the LT (except no leather) for around $24,000 (before haggling).

I realise i could get a LW ambiente for under $20,000 but its too low spec for us.

My question is which would you choose??

Pros- of the LV is it looks better at the back anyway (dont like how the LW's headlights wrap round rear quarter but its not gonna be my car anyway) its fully spec'd, was $32,000 only 14months ago (iv'e seen the receipt) and is in mint condition. Plus i figure as its the last of the last it should have all (if any) problems fixed that previous gen's got.
Cons- i figure it must of worked hard to do 44,000km's in 14 months but its got full dealer service, an obviously its older.

Pros- of the LW new car! lol don't have to pay the $630registration charge to the RTA!
Cons- new generations tend to have teething problems, is it gonna be reliable? I don't really like the looks as much, too funky for me inside (although again not my car)

Also to consider there both a 2.0Auto with the new LW getting slightly more kw (120kw) than the 107kw LV although i can bump the LV up with CAI and a cat-back.

Also the LV has lost $12,000 in just one year surely depreciation will slow down abit now? whats the LW gonna loose this time next year ummm.

Have i missed anything? warrenty is 5 years on the LW 4 years on the LV

Would love to hear owners comments on both cars too, before anyone says let my gf choose she's useless shes got her heart set on getting her own car so much she don't care what it is lol!

Thanks guys.

Last edited by matt2905; 24-05-2012 at 12:08 PM.
matt2905 is offline   Reply With Quote