View Single Post
Old 18-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #122
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: I want to quit smoking but i fail everytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Well, tonight (at around 9pm ish) will be the TWO WEEK mark for me since I last had a smoke.

It is getting easier every day, which is fantastic. Sometimes when standing round talking or washing the car the left hand will dive to the pocket to grab one, then I remember and all is good. I think the Nicotine is finally out of my system, so its not the body craving any more, its more the habit of having one that's got to be broken.

I'm coughing up a lot of crap the last couple of days, but I've heard people say that's normal when you quit. I hope so!

Really want to put out a huge THANK YOU to the AFF community - those who have happily & freely given advice & support (and not only to myself) it really is fantastic. I guess I cheated in the quitting by using my illness as the first step but hey, it worked, and I'm glad

Now to just remain smoke free - like I said though, progressively easier every day!
How's it going? Lungs clearing up? How's the food tasting? People I know who've quit all agreed that the same foods they ate as a smoker now tasted unbelievably good!

Do you feel a difference in your lungs and activity level now?

Hope everyone else is still going strong and committed to quitting. Keep up the good work and remember to take things step by step, day by day.
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote