Old 18-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Focus out of action for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino
Whats the latest on the injectors?
Car goes in on Friday at Sunbury Ford.

Not related but at work today I had a customer ring me up and ask if we were the ones to come to for electrical problems (auto electricians), I said yes and she explained me her problem:

Its a 2009 Ford Territory:

- Blows headlight globes all the time, usually every week.
- Rear driver side window motor dead, fixed by another workshop.
- Now rear passenger side window motor dead, its getting booked in for us to investigate next Thursday for the windows and lights issue.

She got pulled over by police for the headlights and she mentioned her problems to the officer, who said he also has the same problem with his Territory and that Ford recalled the car.

She rung up Kyneton Ford and they said there is no recall for the car, so they won't look at it without charge.

I said to ring up Essendon Ford as they're usually a bit more forgiving with warranty issues, the car was out of warranty, 122,000km on the clock but at Honda we used to warrant things and meet customer half way with costs if it was over by a bit like this.

She gets back to me about 5 minutes later, saying they won't look at the car without charge because its out of warranty, and, get this:

The reason the globes keep blowing is because they aren't Ford globes.

I never laughed so hard in my life, I literally told her that its a load of ****.

We're putting money on alternator issue, maybe overcharging if its killing off electrical components in the car.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 18-09-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote