View Single Post
Old 27-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #82
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: What have you done to your Focus today?

Thanks Conrad, yeah the H.U. looks great, hope it performs well too You've been bitten by the plastidip bug too eh ? Not sure on the removal of the top and bottom grills but I know there is more to removing the top one than just undoing the plastic push in screws, all they basically hold in place is that stupid cover that covers up the ridiculous plastic monstrosity supposedly designed for air flow Pretty sure you will also have to disconnect the bonnet locking mechanism to get it out, I have a set of air horns I want to fit but turned and walked away when I saw what a pain it looks to get the grill out to get behind it, it's probably an easy job providing you know exactly what you're doing but I didn't want to break anything trying :( As far as the bottom one is concerned, I would remove the plastic splash guard from under the front first and see how it's held in place, I would be guessing it just clips in via moulded plastic clips which will be part of the grill (much the same as the fog light light surrounds) you will probably need to gently pry them with a flat bladed screwdriver from the bottom and the sides and once you have that done it should just slide out from the top, just remember to be careful not to force it so as not to break the tabs off.
Good luck with it
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote