View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #1384
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Why is it that two friends of mine who have just last year finished studies at university, one for nutrition and one for a masters in dietetics both told me the same thing, which is what I relayed in my post then?

I understand the role of cortisol, but how is it possible that I was on 1500 calories, not losing or gaining, yet I have since upped my calories to 2500-3000 per day and I am still not gaining or losing? How does cortisol related water retention explain that? Yes, I may be gaining muscle but not enough to disguise the amount of fat I should be losing per week.

I am still 110kg. My BMR should be approximately 2400 calories. Then factor in the fact that I go to the gym 6 days a week, lift 4 days a week and work an extremely active job. My TDEE is well over 4000 calories per day. And I was not losing on 1500? I weigh my food. I was not over eating. I was usually under 1500. 3 grilled chicken breasts per day, 200g broccoli, 200g green beans and 100g sweet potato was basically my diet.

Also I realise it can be reversed, that's what I'm in the process of doing at the moment by eating closer to my TDEE.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw

Last edited by MWTB; 02-06-2013 at 01:22 AM.
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote