View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #1386
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
Water retention. Its certainly more likely given your activity level and calorie intake.

If this is the case, I am relieved, but I've done a lot of reading and my friends who actually have done the studies and are qualified have told me otherwise. I can't say this in any way without sounding like a smart ***, but I'm not trying to be, but what qualifies you to tell me this over them? Again, no offense intended, I'm just trying to separate science from bro science.

How do you know? Have you been going for dexa scans? You're just taking guesses. Access to Wikipedia doesn't make it an educated guess, no offense.

I have not, I'm just not convinced that I can gain enough muscle and water while still technically in a major calorie deficit to hide weight loss on the scale?

based on... ? what is your bodyfat %?
Around 25%

Are you measuring waistline? You would be surprised how much muscle gain can disguise weight loss.
I try to, but I fear I don't do it correctly. I feel like I always hold the tape too tight or too loose and I think that is throwing my measurements.

The whole point of my little calculation above is to demonstrate to you that you're looking for a complicated explanation to a simple situation. You cant have a caloric deficit, maintain bodyfat/muscle, and maintain your body temperature and organ function, simultaneously. Its simply impossible.

If your nutritionist friends covered even an ounce of chemistry in their course, they'd realise this. The course has some serious gaps. They look at big picture stuff, not at the nuts and bolts of how/why.
Again, if you could tell me how you know all this and why you know more then them then I would be more than happy to take your advice over theirs. I'm not trying to be ignorant, I'm just taking their word as gospel at the moment because I know for a fact that they have both done the study. No offense to you was intended mate, I hope it didn't come across like that.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote