View Single Post
Old 17-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #49
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Changing AU auto transmission fluid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGN6 View Post
Hey Maka,
Mate, you're a top guy
You don't beat about the bush and tell it how it is. I really appreciate those traits in people '
My instinct just says to purely replace the box, so yes your opinion means much to me.
May I just throw this in the mix quickly and NOT intending to change the topic of this thread at all, but in doing trans, I will be inspecting the trans cooler etc. Since buying this XR6, the thermo fans run constant and not as 'Thermo Controlled' as they should. Temp sensor needs replacing, but motor doesn't get hot. In saying the ^^ above, this would also affect trans cooling etc, correct?
If so, then I'd suggest that I personally, get all that functioning properly, prior to the install of the new box.
Would I be on the right track there??

CHEERS for the input guys, greatly appreciated
Thanks for the kind words mate! My original auto transmission suffered the no reverse syndrome also! I purchased a reco with extended warranty, run into some issues that stopped the transmission operating the way i like during the warranty period but because of the extended warranty & i'm a regular customer of the transmission shop, we worked together getting it right - now i have a near new transmission with new planetary gears etc & no 1st gear whine! Tamworth Auto Transmissions (selfish little plug lol!) looked after me awesomely!

Yes its a good idea to get your fans working properly, can you confirm the fans start operating when the temp needle hits the first line under the N of Normal (80c) on the temp gauge when stopped & the fans cutout above 20- 25 kmh when moving off? If you cant confirm, check & swap around your fan relays in the fuse box under the bonnet - you may have a faulty relay.

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: