View Single Post
Old 20-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
damo76
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2011 Ford Focus Sport, Transmission Shudders :(

I bought a new focus sport and have similar problems with transmission. I phoned ford to book the car in for 7500 km service and they said it was unnessasary, only if the car has worked hard in the first 7500km.
Anyway i did read somewhere that the transmission shudder at takeoff was normal as the design of the transmission was similar to a manual transmission being it has dry clutch setup.
So see how it goes, it has had its 15000kkm service at ford and i asked them to check out the transmission and see if there's any software updates but they said it was fine so touch wood.
i do notice that the shudder happens more if your very light on the accelerator. May just have to change my driving style.
there was another theory about the tranny i was thinking of, when i had my vrx magna fwd, when i used to accelerate hard or flutter accelerator, it used to jerk or shudder expecially on take of now this was because of the torque and the design of the horizontal engine as theres not much to stop it from torquing backwards and forwards, not like rwd cars were the running gear is long ways down the car.
Bit hard to explain but im sort of thinking buying stiffer engine mounts might stop the shudder.

Last edited by damo76; 20-08-2013 at 01:03 PM.
damo76 is offline   Reply With Quote