View Single Post
Old 22-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #28
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: A novel climate control display fix.

Ok, After buying another Sportsman I now have a second climate control, but of coarse the LED display was flaky and had a mind of it's own and was coming and going as the mood took it. So I pulled it from the car today and saw that it's a virgin unit so I went and got some Nalclips and the fitting tool and set about fixing the display. After a little modification to get the tool to fit over the circuit board the way I wanted it to I had the display sorted out in no time using some inner tube rubber from an old bicycle as insulation. As soon as I find the camera I'll put up some pics but in the mean time, if anyone needs a working unit I'll be happy to exchange it for your faded unit, so long as yours is fixable, for no more than the cost of the postage and any donation to the cause that you'd like to contribute as I still have to buy the clips and replacement bulbs so all the display and buttons light up correctly. If anyone's interested just PM me and we'll work something out.

Cheers
Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: