View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #11
stevie-gee
Starter Motor

Wink Re: Cougar lifespan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow View Post
Steve, you are not comparing apples with apples.

The Cougar is a 2 x door Sports Coupe whist the Magna is a 4 x door Sedan so really you have to decide which suits you better.

Regards
David
Hi David

With all due respect - I am well aware of that. But where is it written that you cannot make a decision between two totally different cars?
We already own a Mitsy and they are as smooth as silk - and also go like stink; this one - on LPG has other benefits too. The two cars are totally different but each has its own pluses and minuses.

Ultimately I do have a decision to make. So far in my search I have considered four Cougars from across Australia - each has fallen by the wayside for reasons from mechanical issues to dealers who are too greedy to negotiate - even just a little bit.

My latest look (at the car in SA) saw it mysteriously drop by $2,000 all of a sudden, causing me to wonder if something was discovered somehow that prompted the yard to drop the price to move it? So far - they have not even been able to find a scrap of service history and now cannot strangely manage to find the last owners details?

Yes - totally different cars; with similar kilometres - but at least I can talk to the owner of the Verada - who sounds like a real servicing fusspot. That alone can be a deciding factor - because ultimately you'd like to buy a reliable car rather than one that will end up costing many $$$ in the very near future?

I LOVE the look of the Cougars - and yes the thought of owning one on looks alone is really tempting - but as someone says on here - like supermodels they are seen to be high maintenance. I don't have lots of cash to throw away on a super-model so have to consider all things in my hunt.

Cheers

Steve
stevie-gee is offline   Reply With Quote