View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #117
clem0x

Hey guys I thought I'd give everyone a quick mod guide for replacement interior courtesy lights and map lights.

I ordered 5LED T10/w5w white SMD canbus lights from eBay and they seem bright enough.

You will need a flat screwdriver or panel removal tool. Get a cloth to wrap around the tool so that you don't take chunks of plastic off.

For the plastic lens (faceplate), start from the front of the car (towards windscreen) because there is a plastic tab that holds it from that direction

Once u take it apart, work on getting the rest of the housing off. Removing the faceplate will reveal a metal tab that will unlatch the housing. Work with the tool to get the rest of the housing apart and then you can dangle the unit from the wiring.

From the rear of the housing you can actually twist off the bulb holders to remove the current bulbs to make it easier and also to install just twist it back on. Once u get the new bulbs on, test all the lights to make sure they work before u fit it back altogether. If they don't work try reversing the polarity (flipping it 180deg).

Once working, just clip every thing back into place. The rear one is very similar just make sure u don't lose the switch as it might pop out once u remove the plate.

I also swapped out the footwell lights. Very easy just plug and play those ones.

My next mod is to tap into the ambient lighting and to put a red led strip in the footwell so that it lights up red with the rest of the car while driving.

Happy modding everyone!