View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #59
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Default Re: OBD II reader and Forscan program.

I'm being a tad off topic as my question/s relate to an XH which is not OBD2 compliant - this just seems the logical place to ask.

I bought a ELM327/bluetooth without doing any homework, just assumed "she'll be right" - wrong! Worked fine on a BA, but obviously not on my XH - they're what I now believe are OBD1. More the fool me.

I clicked on a link in bartsau post (#34 in this thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...6&postcount=34) that took me to http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/toad/ and after having a read through it appears they have software support for OBD1 via USB to laptop from the diagnostic connector for the earlier Falcons for $US97, the cable adaptor links seem a tad iffy - I'll have a closer look at them later to see if one will suit the XH/EL.

Has any of you used this software or cabling before for OBD1? There's a post on the AFF about bridging the pinouts from the connector to get the fault codes to flash up on one of the idiot lights on the dash - I'm lazy and cbf going down that path if I can get around it. Just would like to read and reset fault codes, not interested in reprogramming the ECU which the TOAD software allegedly purports to do.

Thanks for any input lads.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote