View Single Post
Old 17-11-2014, 10:09 PM   #1568
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Myself and the boss were really specific with what we wanted our 'family home' to be like. We had a long list that could never be more than 60-70% fulfilled - even after a year of open houses. What was close was way over our budget or too out of town. At least we won't need to worry about what the workmanship is like, I'm on site every few days and have a very experienced builder overseeing all the trades. I have also over specified where I can for piece of mind. The half bricks and landscaping are all part of the fun.

Certainly worth it! Patience is certainly needed. We did look at houses for a very long time and nothing came close to what we wanted. Even if it was close, we would need to stump up more money to adapt it to our needs.

I'm heavily involved with the project because that's just the kind of person I am. It has been hard, and have learn't a whole heap along the way (not that I would be doing this again any time soon) but once done our castle will be something we will be proud of.

Was just there this arvo fixing a fence - they have formed up the first floor slab and the steel will be delivered on Monday.

Should look sweet when finished
One thing I have noticed working on a lot of new houses is you can tell the clients who either have a trade background or work closely with builders. I am still amazed at the amount of stuff ups I see in brand new property. As I have stated earlier I am a painter and since I spend 90% of my time going over everything with a fine tooth comb you really notice the flaws.

Not to mention the horrible amount of misscommunication that happens between client and builder, builder and tradies and tradies and tradies...I will never paint my own house or have anything to do with it, I can't bare to know where every problem is and live in it.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060