Thread: New to cycling
View Single Post
Old 17-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #2142
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 
Default Re: New to cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
Well I don't know what your doing different to me but in the last 4 months I've had dozens and dozens that would leak when the prickle was pulled out, just rotate it to the bottom where the liquid is and it seals in a millisecond, next mornings ride the tyre hasn't lost any pressure. I go weeks in between checking my tyres air pressure and in those weeks I've had countless punctures that leak air when removed but seal up almost instantly. If we're talking holes from 4 inch nails then you may not be so lucky.

Are you using TR tyres and the sealant that is for TR tyres?

Also there's TR tyres for about $30 and TR tyres for $75, some are better than others.
Yep bike work on by very experienced guy that I ride with. Just luck of the draw and that ride a was a bad one. Had been bombing down rocky stuff at high speed the week before.

The same area we rode in a group a couple of weeks later, and that was when we had about 15 punctures between eight riders... Was crazy.

So yes tubeless is good, but certainly not foolproof, and if going far afield out of mobile reception always still take a tube.