View Single Post
Old 17-12-2015, 03:05 PM   #495
BenjNZ
Starter Motor

Default Re: New members Introduce yourselves

Afternoon All

I just picked up a 2015 Fiesta Ecoboost 1.0.

I tried to get our Ford Pro Dealer here to fit the MR165 kit from Mountune, but they said that the ECU on the Fiesta's over here are different to the European cars as ours are built in Thailand. Apparently they purchased a couple of these kits, fitted them, but they wouldn't work, so they got returned to Mountune. The kits are $2,500 and take the car from 120hp to 165hp, which would make them a surprising little car to have a crack at, at the odd traffic light.

Just had a chat with our local boys who have a Dyno and tune Falcons all day. They sounded really excited about having a crack at one of these cars.
So I might have a chat about what they can achieve without toasting the 5 year warranty.

The other weird thing they do over here is fit a front and rear bumper from 3dCarbon, but they don't fit the side skirts. I sent an email off to 3dCarbon to see if I could just purchase the side skirts (as they only have the whole kit on their website) and got a pretty blunt "Nah" response.

I haven't had a proper dig around on the forum yet, but if anyone can point me to a thread about getting a couple more hp out of the 1.0 it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben
BenjNZ is offline   Reply With Quote