View Single Post
Old 23-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #728
BFAB
Starter Motor

Default Re: Common Problems with the AU??

Searched today for rear "bearing noise", suggestions here said tyre noise??

Still the same Michelins - can't be that surely? Went and checked - all down almost onto safety indicators more so on insides!!

Being all Michelins and having done 90,788Kms (just checked paperwork from Oct 2008!) I freaked. Talk about reliable motoring when you have reliable motoring.........

Have been nagged about "buy a new one" and was thinking of it (secretly). However after reading the past 20 pages now in doubt!!

The story so far - company purchased 2000 AU2 Fairmont Gia and kept it after retiring (me!!) in 2003. She's been very faithful and now 243,450Ks:
1 Refurbished the message centre 2006'ish
2 New coil and plugs around 2010
3 New leads then head gasket 2014 - thanks to this forum (I couldn't hear the hiss as hearing's poor @ 73yo.
4 Various electrical problems I've fixed myself over the years (retired electronics engineer, buttons need cleaning on DC contacts).

So really, really, nothing to complain about apart from the head gasket which really had me going until my service guy heard the noise. Driving it "like a taxi" helps. She's seen lots of Australia too.

Now my biggest problem is 4 new tyres and keep it going or, as the missus says "trade it in for something smaller". She'll have the new car (want's Mazda 3) and she'll give me her 2008 Mazda 6 Classic Tourer.

So I'll say it again - after reading the past 20 pages now in doubt!! Love this forum!!!!
Brian
BFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: