View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #330
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
I saw this on two consecutive nights last week while driving home from work where it was well and truly dark. Why is it people can drive at night and NOT notice they have not turned on their lights (not even their park lights)? I don't see how this is possible. Even if one can see well enough, how can they NOT notice their instrument cluster and centre console are not lit up? How are they judging their speed? Even if I had tunnel vision it would be impossible not to notice that everything in front of you is dark.

People have told me in the past not to worry about it and let the police handle it. I disagree. Although the driver of the other car may be able to see where they are driving, it is the other motorists who CANNOT SEE THEM! What happens if you turn right across oncoming traffic at night and there is car coming in the opposite direction with no lights on? Or if you are trying to merge from a side street?

Of the two instances I saw last week I managed to get one of them to turn on their lights (the other instance the person was driving in the opposite direction).
Because they are thinking about everything else in their lives and not about driving that car.
These are the ones that your driving instructor warned you about.