View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 01:21 AM   #310
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
So do I, which is why I find it a bit average that others can take a potshot when the only difference is that people like XB GS 351 Coupe managed to be born and reach adulthood before property prices skyrocketted. And look at him rubbing everyone's noses in it... as if his position was achieved with nothing but hard work from his part. Uh huh.
Here come the usual excuses, oh he was just lucky, etc etc

No it was hard work and planning, I could have done what 90% of my mates did and I would still be where they are.

I paid 165K for my first house and that was a hell of a lot of money, as a matter of fact it was more than I could afford at the time, hence working 70-80 hours a week in two jobs and often having no money to even put fuel in the 25 year old rust bucket I was driving, buy hey I was just lucky I guess

The difference is I made my own luck and I did what others were not willing to do, now I am reaping the rewards of this and people not willing to do what it takes whinge and whine about how hard their life is, I hear it all the time...

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote