View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 01:36 AM   #313
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australia housing bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
So no acknowledgement that you were born in what could be considered a generational sweet spot between recession and the boom that started the property prices? Where work was plenty, university degrees were free, housing-to-income ratios were still considered reasonable even despite higher rates? None of that had any bearing whatsoever? It was all you, yeah?
What a load of rubbish

So having to work 70hrs a week just to cover the mortgage with two incomes, paying 17-19% interest on your loan is a sweet spot

My parents paid 65K for their house in Sydney and trust me they were broke, we lived with no A/C, no luxuries, no holidays, no smart phone, no computers and drove a crappy old car.

My dad was a tradie getting up at 4:30am driving an hour and a half to work each way, mum had two jobs just to make ends meet, I started work at 15 often having two or more jobs while studying at TAFE, yes we had it easy

Stop making excuses and take responsibility for what you want to achieve and do what it takes to get there.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 22-09-2017 at 01:53 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: