View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #15
sailaway

Default Re: Maybe getting MY17.5 Trend Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble99 View Post
Does replacing the wheel fix the problem or just change out the faulty item?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsd112 View Post
I have spoken to my local dealer and a few cars door trims on the drivers side have considerable wear if you rest your arm there. we have 6 at work and mine has the most Kms 50k and 3 have wear on the door trims and 3 don't but they don't usually rest there arm on the door trim . 3 have peeling steering wheels. Ford have said its from the sun when you get in it melts so when you grab the wheel it strips it. I have a fgg6et with 120k on it and the interior in that is like new , the Mondeo hasn't faired as well. I wont be renewing to a Mondeo in 20k I will be going a Passat which is much better.
Strange as no problems at all with interior trim inside my MC. Apart from bloody Beagle hairs on the upholstery and its not even my dog.

Yesterday the steering wheel was so damn hot you could not hold it. Car always parked there in full sun and no visible damage to the wheel. Cannot find the old foil used on my Focus a couple of years ago so eBay or Supacheap here I come.

A bloody remarkable car that never faulted and no interior wear and tear damage with 240K on the clock.

PS: Found and ordered one of these...

CAR SUN SHADE STEERING WHEEL COVER 100% Brand New
Item price AU $6.80
Quantity 1
Item number 282748800474
Postage service Australia Post Parcel Post Parcel

Then also ordered this for home parking and it was so bloody cheap.

Folding Jumbo Front Car Window Sun Shade Visor...
Item ID: 282416078418
Quantity: 1
Estimated delivery: Mon. 1 Jan. - Fri. 2 Feb.
Paid: AU $3.65 with PayPal

2010 Ford Mondeo Zetec TDCi Diesel

Colour: Frozen White

Last edited by sailaway; 15-12-2017 at 09:34 AM.
sailaway is offline   Reply With Quote