View Single Post
Old 17-07-2018, 07:20 PM   #729
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Two years ago I had to buy a new leaf blower (tool of trade) after the Stihl one I was using started to make some rather nasty noises. The guy at the dealer winced when I demonstrated the issue and told me it was dead. Purchased a new one then and there and chucked the old one in the shed.

Ever since, it has been on my "one day" list to take the thing to pieces to see what had broken, simply out of curiosity. It sounded like a bearing had collapsed or something broken deep inside.

Well today, after all of 15 min with a socket and screwdriver, the thing is going again. After a bit of Youtube research, it turns out these machines have a habit of vibrating loose three screws that sit behind the flywheel, eventually grinding on the flywheel and finally stopping the whole thing from rotating. Took the fly wheel off, re tightened the offending screw, put it back together, a splash of fresh fuel and off she went.

Really pleased with myself at this moment because this particular machine was a bit of freak unit, being somewhat stronger and happier to rev than others I have used.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: