View Single Post
Old 15-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #87
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Points System.

Racing brackets consist of a points system ranging from 0 (stock), to 30 (heavily modified). Points are cumulative, and after everything is added up, you race against cars with similar points total with a variation of 3±. I’ll use the word penalty to describe the points system, because I can’t think of any other appropriate words. So for every mod that you have in a particular group you get the set number of points per item.

Obviously the Points table, points range and the variation between cars racing is open for discussion. As for the diff ratio, if your car has had its diff ratio changed to +.30 of original you will incur 6 points for that.

1 Point
Air Cleaner
Intake Modifications
Spark Plugs
Carburettor Jetting
Timing
Premium Unleaded (unless stated by manufacturer as requirement)

2 Points
Extractors
Exhaust systems
ECU piggy back systems
Carburettor Changes (increased CMF)
Wheels 1inch wider than standard
NON factory tires – Must be road going, everyday tires.
Auto Shift Kits

3 Points
Diff ratio changes, within .25 of original
Cam changes
Intake manifold changes
NON factory tires – DOT approved, but not everyday tires

20 Points
Not being helpful in trying to make a system that is going to be useful and effective for everyone, and undermining the work being done by others, for others to have fun.

Really the rest I have no idea, as im not really up to speed with what kind of effect certain mods will have on performance… Im just really trying to set up an alternative so that someone running a different set of tires isn’t relegated to a bracket where they cant see themselves being competitive against their competitors. Even if it is only for fun, seeing yourself being beaten isn’t fun.

As for lightening, 1 point per kilo sounds reasonable. I was also thinking of adding .5 to mods that could have been performed by yourself, but had a professional do.. but didnt think that it would benefit anyone.

It makes sense to me. What do you think?
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.

Last edited by klawsterfobik; 15-02-2005 at 09:33 PM.