View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 01:32 PM   #292
JasonACT
Away on leave

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Outstanding work on the FG ICC issues. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The insane amount of work he has put into the Falcon FG ICC is unbelievable. He has shared everything he has done and made a great deal of it available to us all. He has definitely helped a great deal of us with no personal gains to himself. 
Default Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Back to work today, in my lunch break.

@happy1: Yes, I've got the WSM. I've also seen the 7 graphic files in the filesystem. Regarding your spare unit, if it's working and someone gets authority from Ford to publish the files (I'm not inclined to contact them, my bluntness in general, and my disappointment at how they treat customers would probably not get a result with the nasty letter I would write them) then I could possibly extract the files at some later stage (hoping it's G 2.9). We should wait and see, but thanks!

@crumpet: I hope Ford can sort you out. And thanks!

@mungus: Thanks.. I've always hoped knowing what goes wrong with these units will lead to someone local to you being able to offer a service to fix them (a local electronics guy, though now s/he would need a bit of unix software knowledge too). It's early days though so maybe it means nothing at the moment, unless you're mates with someone who can help more.

Companies who "recondition" these units (and charge a small fortune for it) are in fact redistributing the firmware files - someone also contacted me about the Bluetooth package, saying there's a service to upgrade it to the latest version.. Again, that's a redistribution of firmware files. They either have permission (and charge like a bull for the service) or are doing illegally (so should be doing it cheaper).

I really think the public should be asking Ford to step up here and allow them to be published online. It'll probably take more than one voice to get their attention - they seem to be pretty deaf in my dealings with them.

Last edited by JasonACT; 07-01-2020 at 01:49 PM. Reason: "Darling Fascist Bullyboy..."
JasonACT is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: