View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #124
Whistlr

Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
LOL.
There is no marketing, just a rumor.

All i'm saying is that there's a better way than following what everyone else is doing...

This is a limited edition conversion, no one is discussing wider field of competing with F150...
but,
What if the engineering on the next gen T6 allows this to happen....
What if the yanks say yes please to both V8 Bronco and V8 Ranger Raptor.
I hope so. We now know it does fit so it least people can lobby for it.

If we look at the F150 Ecoboost, it has become popular I think mainly because of the perceived fuel savings, but also due to it's loads of torque from very low rpm. As engines become more efficient, as in more power per litre, it's only natural to reduce capacity, which in turn explains why we can extract from a 2.3 what a 6 litre had a decade ago. The US comparisons of the 2.3 Ranger against it's petrol V6-powered competitors show it's the preferred engine.

My point is the need for a V8 is forever diminishing. But it's there, and when it offers something that isn't wanted (and merely not needed) it is a great argument for added value and profits. There's certainly a case for it becoming standardized.

Who knows what is going on at Ford at the moment. The current gen F150 Raptor is rumoured to be getting the Predator V8 from the GT500 as a send off. We see here the current gen Ranger Raptor is getting a V8 as a send off.

The next F150 Raptor was said to be getting a special version of the 7.3 but don't quote me on that... By my estimation it can easily produce enough power in atmo form to rival the Predator V8. Those bore centres allow massive breathing.

So if the normal next gen Rangers are coming with turbo 6s then I'd expect something with a little more poke from the next Raptor.
Whistlr is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: