View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 02:33 PM   #125
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistlr View Post
I agree.

Whilst some will still order it despite whatever price I don't think it's meant to be something sustainable - just a one-off to send this platform out with a bang.

The next platform will come with a host of turbo petrol engines that will offer similar, or at least decent performance, but, the simplicity, desirability, sound, and presence of a V8 is a bit of an X factor and huge draw-card especially if price is fair.

they may consider the V8 for the next gen Ranger Raptor straight from the factory. Or maybe before that, maybe even something with Wild-Track specs with V8? Or maybe this is a precursor for what's to come? I hope so.

The thing is, the Ranger's a vehicle that sells in massive numbers on a global scale so I can't see why they wouldn't include the V8 as a permanent offering in the next gen. The idea of something in this size/class with such a motor wouldn't be a bad idea when forced induction does tend to suck quite a bit under load.
Now that the Americans are part of the program, the whole landscape shifts,
they have been begging for a performance Ranger Raptor since before launch
and now that the things is getting real sales traction, they will want to press
on with more high end models. Bronco and the new power trains it brings may
be the perfect time to bundle a lot of changes.

F150 Raptor has been a huge success, Ford PR man Mike Levine tweeted that
Ford sold more F150 Raptors than Chevrolet sold corvettes, more than 18,000 last year.

Don't know about the 7.3 in F150 Raptor, the whole reason 6.2 went away
was due to CAFE and too much fuel consumption.....

Last edited by jpd80; 08-01-2020 at 02:41 PM.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote