View Single Post
Old 22-01-2020, 07:29 PM   #198
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: V8 ranger raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Agreed, if the base was a TDi V6 then economy of scale would make the entry price not crazy.

FWIW (sorry a repost for some), I had the pleasure of hooning a Dodge Durango R/T (7 seats too) for 4 weeks and I was sold.

If they ever made a V8 Everest id be in, the 5.7 Hemi did well and FC was in the order of AVG 12-13 L/100. Like any good car it can go north quickly but the concept worked.

Part of me wishes they just made a run of XLT or alike so it didnt carry the Raptor premium but I can understand they need the extra margin and brand power. Just the na 5.0 would be fine.

So, will it set a precedent for following Raptors on the new platform?
You know I wonder if Ford started thinking of alternatives once F150 was completely ruled out, I gather they know that there’s a decen group of high series buyers out there that denied an $80k-$90k factory RHD F150 will now be there for the taking with the right engines in a Ranger, be that EBV6 or V8, the V6 diesel has to be a shoe in, especially if the Jag twin turbo version, a very nice piece of kit.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: