Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 29-03-2020, 01:05 PM   #852
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
its not opinion as to whether it is contagious. That is fact. otherwise the world wouldn't be having this situation.

Both asymptomatic and symptomatic people are contagious. Those who are symptomatic are contagious at least a week before symptoms present themselves. Those who are asymptomatic are also just as contagious, just there are no symptoms to warn themselves or others.

If you cough or sneeze with a poorly fitting mask then you may as well not even be wearing one.

Just practicing basic hygiene methods is best. cough/sneeze in to your elbow. Keep washing hands properly with soap and minimise the amount you touch your eyes/nose/mouth. Only go out if you have to and stay off social media (for mental health).
Yeah I got the conflicting information from a webinar featuring a doctor from my GFs employer ( he is the chief medical officer of a major employer who is severely impacted) . He stated it’s not contagious if not symptomatic which I have doubts for reasons you suggest. Personally Im happy for him to test the theory and tell us how it works out for him. Also what is symptomatic? It’s known that many people who are positive for corona show virtually no symptoms ..they are obviously contagious.
Personally a mask may not be fool proof but it’s better than none. I’m talking a properly fitting unit when out. Yes good hygiene is paramount but even if it reminds a person to avoid touching your face it’s a winner in my book

Last edited by XByoot; 29-03-2020 at 01:12 PM.