Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #2506
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Is anyone else more scared of what is to come post pandemic than the pandemic event itself? This is no disrespect to those who have lost their lives or are ill.

I came across this article this morning. Politico.com is not some chinese or russian propaganda website.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-207244

It frightens me because it brings back memories of the Iraq war. US had one objective, and it was able to to fool the entire world to go to war based on a lie. If you read and listen to major headlines at the moment, it is pretty obvious this is happening again (except we do not know if it is lies or fact yet), and what is more frightening is that our leaders are somewhat lubing us up, making accusations based on flimsy or no evidence, and its often from anonymous official sources based on classified documents that our own politicians aren't allowed to access.

Every time I read one of these headlines it gives me anxiety issues. Obvious thing to do is to "not look", but its bloody hard not to get bombarded every time you turn on the tv or the PC.
I don't believe we will see a war similar to the world war II
type scenario ever again as all the major players have nuclear weapons and it would be an extinction event for humans if they got used.

I think what will happen is the major players will posture, make threats and then work on undermining each others economies to hurt their pocket rather than boots on ground war.

Boots on ground war will be reserved for smaller proxy battles hosted by small nations to push vested interests - ie Middle East with arming and training one side of the coin.

If you were really interested in hurting China then you'd look into sourcing your manufacturing elsewhere.

Australians are too self centered to think of anything other than their own pocket, we all want higher wages and want to pay less for everything, so we're tied to China.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 01-05-2020 at 01:13 PM.
4 users like this post: