Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #2864
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
I am noticing bottlenecks again on the commute home.
There is definitely a noticeable rise in the traffic on the road.
People do not seem to have the same fear of the virus that was present in the beginning.
Social distancing in public is so so. Some people are ignoring it.
We have either weathered the storm or will be all in lock down again in a few weeks.
I'm in SA so admittedly we didn't have the severe level of restrictions of other states, however the traffic still dried up. I think a lot of it was to do with the economic side of things rather than restrictions limiting movement. People no longer having jobs, or working from home or just staying home.
I think now we are seeing signs of the economy starting to come to life again which is leading to more normal volumes of traffic back on the road, rather than restrictions being lifted. Generally people aren't just driving around. Restrictions will limit those who are just out doing non essential shopping but the bulk of traffic is made up of employers and employees going about their business. As annoying as it is, its a good sign. I don't think its a sign of people ignoring restrictions but rather like i said, the economy starting to come back to life.