View Single Post
Old 19-05-2020, 02:03 AM   #3178
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
Whilst in some ways I agree with you, I don't think it's always that simple.

Firstly financially not everyone can afford the best and secondly, sometimes the cheap options have benefits over more expensive equipment (especially weight which is why I much prefer my 200 cheapo than the over 1K Honda)
When I had a house I bought a homelite, it was OK but the fuel lines and primer bulb rotted.
One day I given a ryobi which had the same problems (which is why I was given it), at least that had spare parts I could find online so I stupidly spent money on it fixing it. It never ran good - could have been my repairs, or could have been at it's best it wasn't even as good as the homelite. But I still regret time and effort spent on that ryobi.
Then I found a cheap shindaiwa. Thank goodness for good brands that don't have the "big name" taxes. Keep an eye out for them, undervalued s/h because it's not a stihl or whatever. Trick is always finding the quality product that the masses don't overvalue.
If they say the name it might be from people that know what it is so the price will be high. You'll need to look at ones for sale where they don't mention the name because they haven't a clue so they list it as generic/no name.

Last edited by oldel; 19-05-2020 at 02:09 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote