View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 10:33 AM   #16
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

My Kia experience;
I was shopping for a second car to replace my mazda bravo 4x4 D/Cab, to be used to train my kids to drive over the next 6 years (3 x kids, 2 years apart in age), the bravo was too big for my 1st Daughter to learn to drive a manual car.
near new used cars at the time were overpriced, compared to a new 2008 kia rio hatch with 5 years warranty, 12 months rego and was my 1st ever new car purchase!

So this car was used to train the kids, and it was their car respectively for the next year after they got their license until they were able to purchase their own.

Now compared to a number of new Fords and mitsubishis and a nissan micra that has been purchased in our family fleet of cars, this kia has never had an issue or warranty claim (the others did have at least one issue), the kia was also the most neglected, copping gutter rash, shopping centre dings, left outside in the sun and hail, God knows what the kids got up to in this car! and mechanically still good, body not so much, and now the radio doesn't work, fold the seats down and I can fit a wheely bin full of green waste to take to the dump , about 90k on the clock, and has been a very handy 2nd car run about, So maybe my experience is luck or a one off, but it has done its job and I still currently have this car.
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: